Below you find links to some of my favorite books and websites on investment philosophy, news and research. I encourage you to give your opinion on my choices and recommend your own favorites in the comments below!
1. Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Shareholders Letters, by Warren Buffet
Warren Buffet has stated a thousand times that his intellectual father is Benjamin Graham and that Ben’s The Intelligent Investor is the best book on investment ever written. Well, I beg to disagree, if you aim to became a masterclass investor then read Warren’s Berkshire Hathaway’s Shareholders Letters instead. It is a quixotic read, but an invaluable one. You can download all his letters since 1977 here.
2. Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits, by Philip Fisher
3. One Up On Wall Street, by Peter Lynch
1. Irrational Exuberance, by Robert J. Shiller
2. Advisor Perspectives – Market Valuation (dshort.com)
My favorite website to get a sense of the valuation of the market as a whole. I check it out once a month and I encourage you to do the same here.
News and quotes
1. Finviz.com – Financial Visualizations
My favorite website to quickly check weekly and daily stock, futures and forex charts, besides financials and key ratios. Have a look here.
Yes, that is right! Twitter is my #1 source of news and investment ideas. I try to retween the most interest links I come across everyday. I also let my followers know whenever I have published a new article. You can follow me in twitter here.
1. Seeking Alpha
My favorite platform for investment research, with broad coverage of stocks, asset classes, ETFs and investment strategy. In contrast to other equity research platforms, insight is provided by investors and industry experts rather than sell-side analysts. I often write articles here. Have a look at my articles here.
- Rooftop revolution: How solar power can save our economy and our planet from dirty energy. Danny Kennedy, Sep 2012.
- Creating Climate Wealth: Unlocking the impact economy. Jigar Shah, Sep 2013.
2. Online articles
- How much should self-generators pay for the grid?, 1 Nov 2013.
- SolarCity, Next to Energy Regulators: Open the Grid, 16 Oct 2014.
- How the HECO-SolarCity partnership is turning rooftop solar into a grid asset, 2 Dec 2014.
- Benefit-cost analysis for distributed energy resources, AAE Institute, 22 Sep 2014.
- SEIA Solar Market Insight Report, Q3 2014.
- Three Oil and Gas subsidies you didn’t know about.
- Photovoltaic system pricing trends: historical, recent and near. Term projections 2013 edition, NREL.
3. Online resources